Wormhole Guild Launch Crew
Congratulations Candidate, on being selected to apply for the Launch Crew! You are among the select few who qualify. Your understanding of the importance of good science fiction is capable of propelling humanity to new heights.
What price would you pay to find the truth?
Reid’s father died in mysterious circumstances. The whole galaxy thinks that his father, and even Reid himself, are traitors. No one knows the crime, and all answers lie on an exclusive asteroid controlled by the powerful Wormhole Guild. Unless Reid can prove his father innocent, his own future looks doubtful.
Was Reid’s father’s death an accident, or was it murder? Reid devises a plan to find out, but it falls through. When a cyborg claiming to be a family friend offers a way out, Reid must choose between his future and the truth- and evade an implacable enemy he didn’t know he had. Reid thinks clearing his father’s name is the answer to his problems, but the God he doesn’t believe in has an epic destiny in store for him.
That is, if he can stay alive long enough to find out what it is.
Gemini’s Key is the first book in the Taskiran’s Legacy series by H. Halverstadt.
What Is a Launch Crew?
A launch crew is a group of enthusiastic volunteers who want to help an author promote and “launch” a book for sale to the public. The purpose of the launch is to create buzz around the arrival of the book and to inspire readers to buy and review the book.
There is no specific experience needed, just enthusiasm about the book and a willingness to spread the word.
Why Should You Launch with Us?
Science fiction is targeted towards deep thinkers who like to consider big ideas. These big ideas, and their possible consequences, can be talked about in a removed, intellectual context before they are ready for real world conversation or even application. It’s important that Christians enter into this melting pot of big ideas to help these deep thinkers grow spiritually and reach their full potential.
Older teens and young adults, in particular, are buffeted by attempts to influence their thoughts. Promoting science fiction that has a Christian worldview is a relatively low-effort and low expense way to help our teens and college age adults see that a great future for humankind is a godly future. The world tells young people that removing God from the equation will lead to a better life for everyone. Science fiction is the language we need for discussing what the end result of those big ideas might be.
- Click on this link and fill out the application to join the Guild Launch Crew. Wait to receive a selection email with a private link to the Launch Crew Portal on MeWe.
- Buy a copy of Gemini’s Key from Amazon, Kobo, Apple Books or Barnes and Noble. Buying it yourself makes your review less likely to be taken down and means that you don’t have to use a disclaimer. If you have a blog, a review there would be great too.
- Leave an honest review on the platform you bought it on and Goodreads after reading it.
- Share about it on social media.
- Sign up for the H. Halverstadt Books newsletter, whitelist the email that the confirmation comes from, and open the emails when they come. Opening the newsletters tells the mail delivery services that other people might enjoy reading them.
- Join our private group on MeWe to participate in group activities, including meeting the author, and access images/memes/graphics etc. Options such as joining the author for book signings etc will be announced to the team first. We’ll also have a list of things you can do to help if you like and can share good news and tips. Those chosen for the launch team will receive a private link.
- Come to the online launch party if it fits your schedule.